ERDA Federal Credit Union is now open!
We are located at 13-03B 40th Avenue, Long Island City, NY.Our hours are: Tuesday and Wednesday 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM, Thursday 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM, Friday 8:00 - 4:00 PM and Saturday 9:00 AM-1:00 PM
Come by during any of our open hours (or call us at 718-784-5050) to learn more or open an account!
Download the membership application here or pick one up at the credit union!
For those who are members, manage your credit union account online here.
Why start a credit union?
Access to services and a stronger community
The ERDA Federal Credit Union offers affordable and relevant financial services including access to capital, asset building vehicles and ownership stakes to its members. The credit union is located across from Queensbridge Houses, the largest public housing development in the country, and down the street from Ravenswood Houses. It will serve as an economic anchor - helping ensure that as Long Island City continues to change, the growth benefits residents throughout the neighborhood by keeping neighborhood assets locally owned and controlled.
What does ownership mean?
A cooperative financial institution
Credit unions provide services similar to banks, check cashing stores, or other financial service providers, but are different in the following ways:
- Member-owners at the credit union are customers elsewhere.
- Service to membership is the goal of credit unions while others pursue profit.
- Credit unions keep fees and rates as low as possible instead of as an ever increasing source of revenue.
- Credit unions have loan policies flexible to their memberships where others maintain rigid lending policies.
- Credit unions serve a specific membership, banks will open accounts for anyone who meets their criteria, and check cashing stores will sell to any customer.
The ERDA Federal Credit Union is sponsored by the Catholic Campaign for Human Development, the New York Foundation, the TransCanada Corporation, the United Nations Federal Credit Union, and the United Way of New York City.